Over the past decade, we have grown to be a leading Libya law firm and a trusted authority on the laws of Libya and the most experienced in advising international clients on the laws of Libya. Through our office in Tripoli, our Libyan lawyers and Libyan arbitrators have extensive experience in:
- Human rights law
- Commercial law
- Maritime law
- Oil & Gas
- Expert legal opinions on the laws of Libya
Our most notable experience on Libyan law includes:
Human Rights Law
- Managing Partner, Dr. Mohamed Karbal, served as an expert legal witness on Libyan law for the case Belhadj and another V. Straw and Others;
- High profile cases involving arrests of ships in Libyan waters.
- Case involving Libyan maritime law before the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Legal advice to national oil companies in multiple jurisdictions on shipping matters relating to Libyan law
Arbitration and expert legal opinions
- Dr. Karbal served as a sole arbitrator with Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Centre.
- Advising on multiple cases involving bilateral investment treaty disputes which were tried before International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France and Geneva, Switzerland where the value of each case exceeded USD 300 million.
Oil & Gas
- Advising national oil companies and multinationals on Libyan law concerning the oil & gas industry.
- Drafting contracts for the purchase, sale and transportation of oil & gas contracts.
For more information on our experience, please visit our experience page.
For any further information on our services, please contact us.