As the leading Libyan law firm, we are offering legal advice on the laws of the Middle East and North Africa, we have extensive experience in different legal practice areas and industries. We have experience in these lawyers fields:
- Oil & Gas Sector law
- Maritime cases law
- Criminal law
- Energy & Shipping law
- Tripoli Attorney
- GCC Laws & Expert legal opinions
- Laws of the Jurisdictions
- International Human Rights Law
We are offering and have expertise in these above-mentioned laws as well. Our head office is in Tripoli Libya.
For more information on the services we offer, see our Practice Areas or contact us.
We are the most experienced law firm serving international clients on matters of Libyan law:
- Managing Partner, Dr. Mohamed Karbal, served as an expert legal witness on Libyan law for the case Belhadj and another V. Straw and Others;
- Advising on multiple cases involving bilateral investment treaty disputes which were tried before the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France and Geneva, Switzerland where the value of each case exceeded USD 300 million;
- Case involving maritime law before the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York.
Maritime & Shipping Law
- Provides advice to national oil companies in multiple jurisdictions on shipping matters relating to Libyan and UAE law
- Advised on high profile arrests of ships in Libyan waters
- Enforcement of maritime arbitration awards in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Provides opinions on Libyan maritime law
- Drafted and amended “Waterways Management Regulations for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi” in order to comply with international standards
- Advised on matters concerning international transportation of commodities
- Sale and purchase of vessels and other marine assets
Oil & Gas LAW
Our experience in the downstream and midstream sectors of the oil & gas industry include:
- Advising national oil companies and multinationals on Libyan law concerning the oil & gas industry
- Negotiating and drafting the agreements and commercial documents for the purchase and sale of natural gas and products of oil & gas, including bitumen and gasoline A-80
- Negotiating the construction of a pipeline crossing multiple jurisdictions in the Middle East
Our arbitration experience is extensive, as we have represented clients before various international arbitration panels, including the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Centre (ADCCA) and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC). Our experience includes:
- Representing an Australian multinational construction company in multiple construction arbitration cases involving contract claims valued greater than USD 30 million each relating to (i) delays in performance, (ii) acceleration claims, and (iii) changes to work order.
- Dr. Mohamed Karbal served as a sole arbitrator in construction claim which was held before Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Center (ADCCA).
Health Care Law
- Advises on health care laws of the UAE and Libya, insurance laws and administrative and commercial laws for health care providers, biomedical companies and government agencies
- Provided all legal services in connection with the set-up of a hospital in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates which includes the incorporation of the company, the review and the preparation of the agreements
- Drafted and reviewed the purchase and sale of hospital equipment
- Drafted licensing agreements for hospitals
- Reviewed employment and consultancy agreements for recruitment of hospital staff
- Represented clients in medical malpractice cases which were tried before the courts of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Regularly drafts and reviews commercial agreements for various entities, including real estate firms and information technology firms.